NZ Darknet Market Forums

Darknet Market education and discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-05-22 19:50

whatsgood88

Using real or fake names for postage

Is it recommended to use a fake name for purchases on the market if you're only doing small orders every now and then, or is using a real name a better alternative (NZ)

cheers

#2 2024-05-22 21:30

fifa95

Re: Using real or fake names for postage

Within the country im not worried putting my real name on never gave me any trouble.
nobody is gonna check the mail send within the country but when i order from oversea i never would use my real name always a fake name

hope that helps

#3 2024-05-23 12:30

WaltDisney

If you use a fake name and your package get lost a lot vendors dont do reships or refunds keep that in mind

Click Here to sign up to Archetyp! Username - WaltDisneyNZ
Click Here to sign up to Abacus! Username - waltdisney

Please ensure to save the links and keep them secure

#4 2024-05-23 16:20

Mr Brownstone

Also remember that if your postie is familiar with you and you have been at an address for sometime and you start using a fake name the postie themselves could become suspicious.  Long shot but a possibility to consider

#5 2024-06-01 17:50

tacticool

Just wanted to add to Mr Brownstone comment that when I've ordered internationally I've used my real name and thankfully so, our postie knows our names and my in laws sent something to our home under their name and the postie asked if it was right cause he hadn't seen the name before.

If I used a random name for orders I wouldn't be able to say yes if he asked as it would be supsicious and then they'd take the package.

#6 2024-06-28 20:20

Hazey

I'd just like to add that occasionally something may go wrong with a delivery and NZpost leaves a note instead for you to come collect your parcel(happened to me when I first started on TorMarket a while back, had me terrified it was some form of controlled delivery lol).

Without an ID with the name that's on the parcel, you'll have a difficult time collecting your goodies. Just something to keep in mind.

#7 2024-07-04 19:00

WhatsItFor

Good discussion

Do you think its fair to say, that if you receive a package in the mail, which could come from anyone ( you cant stop some random sending you a package )

That until you open, you have not officially accepted responsibility for what's inside ?

#8 2024-07-04 21:50

straight-ceebs

@WhatsItFor   

Yes and no. Because you could always argue that you did not intend to purchase the contents inside of your parcel. But for instanse if your get a CD because LE know that your buying shaddy shit and they can prove that with evidence, long story short your fucked mate.

#9 2024-07-06 05:30

PudgyP

WhatsItFor wrote:

Good discussion

Do you think its fair to say, that if you receive a package in the mail, which could come from anyone ( you cant stop some random sending you a package )

That until you open, you have not officially accepted responsibility for what's inside ?

Anyone can use your name and address to receive packages, until you sign for it or open it you're not liable for the content of the package. 

When I was carding I use to use other peoples names and addresses as drops all the time, I'd get their names from their mail in their letterboxes.

#10 2024-07-06 06:00

PudgyP

Hazey wrote:

I'd just like to add that occasionally something may go wrong with a delivery and NZpost leaves a note instead for you to come collect your parcel(happened to me when I first started on TorMarket a while back, had me terrified it was some form of controlled delivery lol).

Without an ID with the name that's on the parcel, you'll have a difficult time collecting your goodies. Just something to keep in mind.

The main reason posties leave notes is because they are behind schedule and it takes time searching through a van for a package, leaving a note is faster. And like you said, without ID you can't collect.

Last edited by PudgyP (2024-07-06 06:00)

Board footer